Can the City Attorney’s Office represent me in my private legal matter (divorce, child support, drafting wills or trusts, personal injury actions, etc)?

No. The City Attorney’s Office only represents the City of Roseville, as an entity.

Does the City of Roseville administer the court system for Placer County?

No. Placer County administers the court system and may be reached at (916) 408-6000.

How can I appeal my City of Roseville administrative citation?

To appeal an administrative citation issued by the City of Roseville, you must submit a Request for Hearing appeal form to the City Attorney's Office.

Forms may be picked up at the City Attorney’s Office at 311 Vernon Street or may be found on the City Attorney's website at administrative citation appeals.

You may also call the City Attorney's Office at (916) 774-5325 to have a form mailed to you. Forms must be received within 30 days of the date of your citation letter.

What types of citations are processed by the City Attorney’s Office?

The City Attorney’s Office handles all administrative citations issued for infractions of the Roseville Municipal Code. Citations issued for misdemeanor violations of the Roseville Municipal Code are sent to the courts (Placer County).

Where is the nearest public law library?

Sparks Law Library of Placer County
1523 Lincoln Way, Auburn, CA
(530) 823-2573

The California Codes are also available at the
Downtown Roseville Public Library
225 Taylor StreetRoseville, CA
(916) 774-5221
and online at

Who does the City Attorney represent?

The City Attorney is the attorney for the City of Roseville, as an entity. Because of the nature of the City Attorney’s role, we cannot represent or provide legal advice to individual citizens, groups or other entities. We are therefore unable to respond to individual requests for legal advice or representation.